The 2023/24 Summer competition will have a number of changes in the way player registration is completed this year.
The National Membership model requires players to pay a one-off $22 amount when they register for the first time this financial year. Only payable once annually, the new, automated membership model is not a new cost, simply a modernised way of processing national affiliation benefits and insurance.
STEPS FOR TEAM / PLAYER REGISTRATION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Go to Griffith Touch Assoc website: https://griffith.nswtouch.com.au
- MONDAY SENIORS & WEDNESDAY MIXED: Team contact / organiser registers the team in the relevant competition & pays the required team nomination fee of $1170.
- INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS REGISTER into their team through their NRL account.
- TUESDAY JUNIORS: Team organiser registers team (no cost). When individuals register into the team they pay a $22 membership fee to TFA and then $70 to Griffith Touch Association.
Before a player is permitted to register into a team (juniors & seniors), an online fee of $22 must be paid to TFA to cover player insurance. This fee is only paid ONCE A YEAR & covers all competitions. E.g. If playing on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday you are only required to pay the $22 fee once.
- All teams must have a minimum number of players registered before the team can be entered into the 2023/24 Summer Competition. Teams who have not registered the required number of players will not appear in the draw.
2023/2024 Competition General Terms & Conditions.
GRIFFITH TOUCH ASSOCIATION SUMMER COMPETITION 2023-24 NOMINATIONS:
* Each team must have a minimum of 11 players to a maximum of 14 players to nominate.
* Each team must have a minimum of two Level 1 badged team referees. One of these referees MUST be a member of the team. Tuesday Juniors – Kindy, Years 1 & 2 coach/parents referee games. Years 3-6 must have 2 accredited referees.
Referees in the Monday & Wednesday competitions must be at least 16 years old (or turning 16 by 31st December 2023) or have attained Level 2 accreditation if under 16 years of age.
If a team has only players who are under 16 years of age the referees may be someone who is not in the team.
The team can still have a paid referee in addition to the team referee, this is to alleviate the incidents of paid referees not turning up & teams being excluded from the competition.
* Full team nomination payment is required on registering a team. (Senior Divisions only): Online payments are taken whilst completing team registration process via MySideline. Team payments for Monday & Wednesday 2023/24 competitions are $1,170 per team, NO individual payments.
* There will be no nominating a division on this year’s forms. Teams will be graded on grading night Thursday 28th September 2023 commencing 7pm at Kidman Wayside Inn. GTA will be inviting certain players along to assist with grading. (Senior Divisions only)
* Start time: Teams are given a 2-minute warning siren before the start of the game. That is when players should take the field for commencement of the game at the second siren. Players are not to just wonder on when it suits them. It is your playing time you are missing out on & the referees will be directed that if teams are late to start the game the team will be penalised.
* Team sheets to be signed by each individual player, this is for your benefit to cover you for insurance in the event of an injury, it is the team’s responsibility that sign on sheets are signed by halftime.
* No jewellery to be worn during the game, again referees will be directed to ensure this is implemented.
* All players must be registered before they take the field. You are not permitted to play unregistered players; if you do so the game will be deemed a forfeit.
* Teams not fulfilling their commitment either by forfeiting or refereeing duties to a combined total of four occasions the Team will be dismissed from the Competition.
* Finals to be decided by position on ladder.
* Any complaints regarding competition must be in writing or emailed to email@example.com.
UNIFORMS: All teams must be in uniform by week 3 of the competition.
* Duty referees must mark their names off at tower, collect score cards & ball and be at the field prior to the first siren.
* If you cannot do your refereeing duty it is your responsibility to find an accredited replacement referee and inform the Director of Referees of the change.
* If a referee sends a player off it must be recorded on the official form as soon as practicable after the game.
* Any injuries sustained by a player must be recorded on the back of the team sheet by the referee.
Any protests must be submitted in writing to GTA with 24 hours of the game. In the case of Grand Finals protests must be submitted IMMEDIATELY after the completion of the game.